QualityPerfect Performance: The EV2430WS has charged my Leaf flawlessly since it was installed. I basically charge once a day, so that's 120 times I've used it with 0 defects. Having a reliable charging station is very important to an EV driver...because if my car isn't charged when I expect it to be, I won't be a happy guy.
Good Materials: The shell of the unit is durable plastic that's easy to clean. The display is bright and buttons are easy to press. The cord is thick, but flexible...and finally the plug is solid
Design/Ease of UseLike most residential EV Chargers, the EV2430WS is simple to use: you simply plug it into your car when you want to charge and pull it out when you're finished. It's that easy - you don't need to press any buttons on the EVSE ever.
many standards governing the operation of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE), they should all nearly work the same. Since the Schneider EV2439WS is UL Approved and is J1772 Compatible, it's safety and basic functionality are basically guaranteed.
Favorite Feature: Perhaps the best feature of the EV2430WS is the user interface. In one simple display, it allows you to see how many hours your car has been charging, shows you warning lights, allows you to delay the start of charging, and allows you to manually stop the charging process.
Each segment of the lighted circle around the display represents one hour of charge. As you can see in the picture, the Leaf has been charging for 3 hours.
For cord management, the EV2439WS includes a simple powdercoated rack to store the cord.
- Integral ground fault interrupter set at 5mA that meets the UL definition for people protection
- Automatic recovery and restart after ground fault interrupt or main power loss
- Ground monitor
- Option to have advanced metering functionality to collect and monitor energy and demand profile data
- Networked EVSE: No
- Input/output voltage: 240 Vac
- Input/output current: 30 A
- Circuit Breaker needed: 40 A
- Wiring: Direct wired/Plugless
- Enclosure type: Indoor (NEMA 1)
- SAE J1772 compatible
- Cable length: 18 ft.
- Enclosure dimension (in inches): 9.53W x 12.73H x 4.36D
- User/Installation Manual: http://products.schneider-electric.us/products-services/products/electric-vehicle-charging-stations/indoor-electric-vehicle-charging-station